In case User does not agree with any of these terms, he/she is forbidden from using AskGenie service or accessing this site.
These Terms become obligatory upon the User from the time he/she visits AskGenie and are valid during an indefinite period of time. In the event that one or more provisions hereof become invalid or unenforceable for any reason, this will not affect the validity or applicability of the remaining provisions.
AskGenie is an online platform that connects a Client and a Vendor (usually referred as “Genie”) in order to provide physical and digital goods and services. These goods and services include but are not limited to searching and ordering textbooks from vendors, searching and hiring Vendors, researching colleges and work placements, etc.
Vendors act as Personal Assistant to a Client and fulfill their request. As stated above, AskGenie makes available a platform with related technology for Users to connect with Vendors online and through text interface and conduct the transaction via our text interface as requested by Users.
AskGenie is not a provider of Vendoring or any other services. AskGenie’s role is solely to facilitate the availability of the Site and Services. Similarly, AskGenie is not a contracting agent or representative of any Vendor (Genie) or User. Vendors (Genies) are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of AskGenie.
AskGenie does not provide or facilitate any goods or services that are illegal or prohibited by User’s University or any other educational institution policies. AskGenie has multiple layers of checks and moderation to ensure that none of our policies or relevant academic policies are violated, but cannot take any responsibility for the services provided by Vendors.
- AskGenie uses text messaging as a prime way of delivering our services.
- Your phone number will only be used to communicate to you regarding your requests.
- Your phone number is safely stored on our hosting. We use Amazon Web Services, which is one of the most secure hosting providers in the world.
- Your phone number will never be passed on to any third parties and will only be used by the employees of AskGenie website.
- We may, from time to time contact you with relevant information about your request or relevant marketing offers.
- If you wish to stop getting texts from us you should write "Stop Texts" to us. Upon receiving this text message, you will be unsubscribed from any communications unless you write to us first.
- When messaging us on Facebook you agree to the same terms as mentioned above for text messaging (SMS).
- AskGenie does not charge you any extra fee for chatting to us through SMS. However, usual operator rates may apply when texting our number.
AskGenie has only one website –and only one Facebook page – [link]. AskGenie website content contains copyrighted material including, but not limited to trade names and marks, text, photos and graphics, software and code, SEO-optimised meta tags, text and video content. AskGenie content is protected by copyright law, registered and unregistered trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. You may not publish, copy, transmit, participate in transfer or in any way exploit any of the content owned by AskGenie (AskGenie.info). Any other copies of our content (including but not limited text, images, graphics) or any other domains that include our trade name (AskGenie) other than AskGenie is a breach of AskGenie copyright.
AskGenie connects a client and a vendor in order to provide digital goods and services that include but not limited to searching and ordering textbooks from vendors, searching and hiring tutors, providing editing and tutoring services, etc. If the delivered product or service doesn't meet your initial requirements - contact us via email, phone or Facebook messenger and let us know about this issue. Upon our agreement with you we will either will find a different vendor and redo your task free of charge, or we will fully refund your order to your card, balance money or PayPal. AskGenie will need up to 12 hours to find a different vendor to redo and deliver the task. All the refund requests are to be submitted no later than 30 days after the product or service was sent to the client.